Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Jewelry Tip: How To Care For Fashion Jewelry
Although our fashionable jewelry pieces may not necessarily be diamond studded or 24K gold, they still need proper care to last and continue to look beautiful. Here are a few tips to keep your favorite accessories in good shape.
* Store your jewelry in plastic bags or in a covered box
* Take off your accessories before you apply perfume or lotion
* Don't wear your fashion jewelry while cleaning.
* If you need to clean your pieces, don't use soap or jewelry cleaner, try Windex. Then rinse with water and dry carefully.
(NOTE: Never use silver cleaner - it can strip a silver finish in seconds!)
* Remove your special pieces when showering, working out or sleeping
Any special care tips you'd like to share? Feel free to leave comments below.